Saturday, March 7, 2009

Blankets Galore

Porter loves his blankets! Luckily, he hasn't attached to just one, but he only likes the 100% kind of rough cotton ones. At least twice a day, he will pull all of his blankets from the nicely folded pile I have them in and spread them throughout the house. I took these pictures in a matter of one minute just walking from room to room.




As you can see, there are a total of 10 blankets in use at one time. Instead of saying "blanket" he calls them "daddy" but he does understand when we tell him to go get his blanket. It's very cute! Ben and I have both been grateful he has something that brings comfort to him, especially when we have a sitter. He does still use a pacifier, but only when he's sleeping. We're working on taking that away though. Tough times to come.

5 comments:

Claire Evenson said...

How cute! Good luck with the binki, it was by far the hardest thing we did with Elle :)

Krista said...

i can't believe how big porter is getting!! what a little cutie guy! we miss ya'll!!! Ü
thanks for the update!

Jess said...

Finally a post!! :) He's looking like such a little man now! I miss him so much! (and you too of course!)

Bonnie Young said...

What a kid! He really is so precious, I love his cheeks! Everytime I see him, which has just been from a far lately, I have the urge to grandma pinch his cheeks. So cute! Sorry I missed you the other day, would love to get together with you!

Megan said...

let me know how the pacifier thing goes. kaleb just had his first birthday yesterday and i don't know how i am ever going to take it away. :\

i can't believe how grown up porter is looking. i mean ok he is still totally a little boy...but gosh no more baby :( so sad. how old is he these days?>!